ABOUT THE BAHAMAS
Where are The Bahamas
Located just 50 miles off the east coast of Florida, The Bahamas stretch for more than 500 miles southeast in a chain of some 700 islands. Grand Bahama is the fourth largest island with a population of approximately 54,000, and it stretches 118 miles long and 18 miles wide at its widest point.
What makes The Bahamas special
It’s a nation of sunny days, aqua water and beautiful beaches. Grand Bahama offers much more than sun, sea and sand. Due to its infrastructure, you will find wide, beautifully landscaped roadways that are well maintained, and a naturally filtered water supply–excellent taste and safe to consume.
The weather is what you expect from tropical islands, but from December to February don’t forget your jacket or sweater. Grand Bahama has one of the largest trans-shipment container ports in the world. Also the newly renovated Freeport International Airport that can take the largest of aircraft.
The Top 10 Reasons to Invest in Grand Bahama
- Close proximity to North American and Latin America financial centers
- Within 50 miles of the world’s largest economy– the USA
- Same time zone as New York and Toronto (EST)
- Peaceful & stable democracy since 1729
- Independent nation with compliant legislation & consultative legislative approach
- No local taxes on capital gains, inheritance, corporate or personal income, dividends and interest
- Proactive incentives for investment
- Modern infrastructure and public services
- Ideal climate & lifestyle with many islands & cays to explore
Staying in or Residing in the Bahamas
Non-Bahamians who own homes in The Bahamas may apply to The Director of Immigration for an annual homeowner’s card. This entitles the owner, spouse and dependent children to enter and remain in The Bahamas for the duration of the validity of the card. This is intended to facilitate entry, but it does not confer resident status in The Bahamas. Alternatively visitors may visit The Bahamas for up to eight months, provided they can indicate means of financial support for this period.
Applicant’s for this status of residency must be of good character and prepared to show evidence of financial support.